Horse Haven Agreement
SECTION I: Owner
1. Risk of Loss: Owner hereby assumes and shall bear all risk of loss, injury, and damage of any kind or nature to the Horse while at or on the property of Stable, whether cause through the negligence of Owner, Stable, Stable employees or management, or any other third party, and shall hold Stable harmless for such claims.
2. Indemnity: Owner hereby assumes and shall bear all risk of loss, injury, and damage of any kind or nature to any person or property of Owner, Stable, or others, caused by the Horse, the actions or inaction of Owner or Owner’s guests or invitees, and agrees to indemnify and defend Stable and hold it harmless for such claims.
3. Health Status: Owner represents and warrants that the Horse is healthy, in good condition, and has not been exposed to any infectious or contagious disease.
Owner agrees to immediately notify the Stable of any change in the Horse’s health or condition or of any illness, injury, or exposure to an infectious or contagious disease. Owner represents and warrants that the Horse has been given a Coggins test within the last 12 months and that the results were negative. Upon request of Stable, Owner shall provide proof of such test and results and a current health certificate for the Horse.
4. Emergency: Owner agrees that if immediate or emergency care is provided as detailed in Sec. II, Para. 3 below, Owner shall be solely responsible for the cost of any and all such care.
5. Owner may clean trailers if they so choose, but manure must be placed into manure carts provided by Stable. All of Stable’s equipment must be cleaned and replaced after use.
SECTION II: Stable
1. Stable Services: Stable agrees to allow Owner to board the Horse at Stable’s facilities. Owner will provide all feed and supplements. Stable will provide the following services in consideration of timely payment of the Board Rate: corral and water.
Feed, hay, and additional services may be available through Stable upon request at extra cost, to be agreed by Stable and Owner and documented in Para. 2 below.
2. Costs: Horse boarding is provided as a service for one or two horses while the Owner is staying at The Fish Creek House. In addition to the agreed charges for lodging, the Board Rate is $20.00 per night for one horse or $30.00 per night for two, unless agreed otherwise: _____________________________________________
3. Emergency Services: Stable reserves the right to provide or secure emergency services for the Horse if, in management’s discretion, the Horse is in serious need of such services and Owner cannot be reached at the emergency contact number. Stable has permission to secure such care as is necessary to protect the health and welfare of the Horse.
SECTION III: General Terms
1. Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Montana.
2. Entire Agreement; Amendment; Binding Effect: This instrument contains the entire agreement of the parties and all of the covenants and agreements between the parties concerning same.
3. Unless otherwise specifically provided herein, this Agreement may not be changed except by written agreement duly executed by the parties hereto. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors, heirs, and personal representatives.
Signed: _________________________ Dated: _________________
Person responsible for horse